Hair Transplant Cost in Chicago
Chicago has the most advanced hair transplant clinics and hundreds of board-certified plastic surgeons. The cost of a hair transplant procedure varies in different geographical locations. As for Chicago, the average cost of a hair transplant depends on several factors, predominantly, the type of procedure and the number of grafts needed.
People want to know precise estimates for hair transplants in Chicago. For this reason, a consultation with the surgeon is suggested to know the actual cost of the procedure.
How Much Does Hair Transplant Cost in Chicago?
It is not easy to give a precise estimate of the hair transplant as it depends on individual needs, the balding area, and the number of grafts needed. On average, it will cost anywhere between $7000 to $17000 to get a hair transplant in Chicago.
Commonly, two types of hair transplant procedures, namely FUE and FUT, are performed to restore natural hair appearance. As for the cost, FUT and FUE are not in stark contrast to one another. The difference between the cost of these hair transplant procedures is nominal. Here’s how much you will be expected to pay for each procedure in Chicago.
- FUT Hair Transplant Cost – Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) involves cutting a strip of skin from the side or back of the head, extracting hair follicles, and inserting follicles into the balding patch. This strip hair transplant in Chicago costs more or less $4 per graft.
- FUE Hair Transplant Cost – Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a more popular and safe hair transplant procedure with minor side effects. In Chicago, an individual has to spend $3.95 and $6 per graft for an FUE hair transplant. For robotic FUE, the price per graft is increased from $6 to $8.
What Determines the Cost of Hair Transplant Procedure?
The exact cost of a hair transplant depends on several variables, largely the stage of hair loss, donor hair, and hair volume. The following are the determining factors in terms of hair transplant procedure cost.
Hair Loss – A person goes through several stages of hair loss, therefore, the hair transplant cost is directly linked to the extent of hair loss. Hair transplant pricing will be determined by the pattern and severity of hair loss as well as the number of grafts needed to fill in the balding area.
Understandably, filling in larger balding patches costs higher than the smaller areas. The graft count will vary depending on the stage of hair loss. A patient may need 1000 to 4500 grafts to cover up the affected area.
Hair Volume – The price of the hair transplant procedure is also linked to the desired hair volume. To get more density in the bald spot, it requires a huge number of grafts to be planted which increases the overall treatment cost.
What Does the Hair Transplant Cost Include?
The hair restoration treatment price includes the cost of the time the plastic surgeon spends performing the surgery. Hair transplant pricing increases in relation to other factors including the following:
- Hourly rate of the provider, nurse, anesthesiologist, and other medical staff
- The special tools and supplies required during the surgery
- Medications before, during, and after the hair transplant procedure
- Charges for using the operating room
- Consultation fees
- Recovery supplies
Factors Affecting the Cost of Hair Transplant
- Type of Procedure – Robotic hair transplants (ARTAS Robotic hair transplant & Neograft) are more expensive than manual transplants (FUE and FUT).
- Surgeon – An experienced and specialized plastic surgeon will have a higher consultation fee and charge more for the procedure.
- Anesthesiologist – The cost of the overall procedure is also linked with the type of anesthesia. Local anesthesia is inexpensive, therefore, does not need to be administered by an expert anesthesiologist.
- Recovery – Long recovery time, touch-up procedures, recovery supplies, medication, and missed work increase the overall cost of the procedure.
Hair transplant clinics in Chicago offer a higher success rate and ensure maximized efficiency and desired results. Not everyone can afford a hair transplant surgery, therefore, many hair restoration centers offer multiple financing options for people to easily afford the surgery. The cost of a hair transplant is largely dependent on the end goal. Book a consultation with the plastic surgeon to know the exact cost of the hair transplant surgery.