Is PRP Hair Treatment a good solution?
Baldness or hair loss is becoming a very common problem. Therefore, in the last few years, a lot of research has been done on the topic “Is PRP Hair Treatment a good solution?” and many new methods have been introduced to deal with this hair issue. Most of the methods introduced to restore hair are effective, one of them is PRP “also known as a platelet-rich plasma”.
Many people dealing with hair issues prefer PRP over other hair restoration methods and few also argue whether it is a good hair restoration method or not. If you are researching hair restoration methods these days, you must have read a bunch of positive things about this hair restoration method. Let’s know more about it to conclude if it is worth trying.
Is PRP a good hair restoration treatment?
Yes, PRP is a good hair restoration treatment. It has shown remarkable progress in reversing the effects of premature hair loss and improving hair growth, health, and thickness. Like every other hair restoration method, PRP has some cons as well. However, it is still considered a good hair restoration treatment because of the following reasons:
- Natural procedure – What’s most promising about PRP is that it’s a natural procedure. No chemicals are used to induce hair growth and improve hair health, and thickness. It takes your own body’s growth factors to get you out of the hair issue.
- Nonsurgical – PRP is a non-surgical hair restoration method. Most hair restoration methods are surgical, you come home with a lot of wounds and a lot of aftercare instructions. Since PRP is non-surgical, there are no wounds, fewer chances of infection, and no days-long strict aftercare.
- Safe – PRP might not be permanent but it is much safer than the other hair restoration method. It is because your own body’s growth factors are taken to improve your hair condition and the procedure is performed in a very hygienic environment.
- Painless – In this hair restoration method, platelets are injected into the balded areas of the head to induce hair growth. Fine needles are used to perform the procedure. Therefore, PRP is nearly painless as compared to other hair restoration methods. It can be a little uncomfortable for a few patients but painful for none.
- Quick – The PRP hair restoration method does not take more than 30 minutes. It is probably the quickest hair restoration method introduced so far. More importantly, the procedure is not just quick, the healing process is fast as well. The patient normally heals within 72 hours.
- Easy to follow pre and aftercare – PRP is a non-surgical method therefore, the pre and aftercare is simple and easy to follow.
- Long-lasting – PRP is not permanent but it is long-lasting. The results normally last for about 2 years. A retouching is needed after the said period to maintain the previously achieved results.
How does PRP work and is it effective?
In PRP to improve hair condition, the blood of the patient is drawn. It is passed through a centrifuge to separate the platelets and then they are injected into the balded area. The platelets contain several natural growth factors of the human body such as Platelet-Derived Growth Factor(PGDF), Transforming Growth-Factor-Beta(TGF-b), Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor(VEGF), Epidermal Growth Factor(EGF), Fibroblast Growth Factor-2(FGF-2), and Insulin-like Growth Factor(IGF).
PGDF works for skin, blood vessel growth, and cell replication, TGF-b assists in the growth of matrix between cells, VEGF helps in the formation of blood vessels, EGF improves collagen production and supports blood vessel formation, FGF-2 also works for the formation of the blood vessel, and IGF regulates normal and healthy cell physiology. In short, all these factors work by regenerating stem cells of hair follicles and improving growth and boosting scalp and hair health. A lot of research is being conducted to answer this question. However, the clinical evidence suggests that this non-surgical hair restoration method PRP improves hair condition and helps in healthier hair follicles formation
Yes, PRP is a good hair restoration method. It is because the said hair restoration method is natural, safe, nonsurgical, painless, quick, and quite long-lasting. In this method, the body’s natural growth factors are used to improve hair condition. These factors regenerate stem cells of hair follicles that assists in hair growth and improve overall hair health.