What to do Before a Hair Transplant?
Planning to get hair restoration surgery? Be sure about it and make a pre-care to-do list. The pre-care is just as important as the post, the to-do list will act as a reminder and assist you in preparing for the surgery well. Need help in preparing the to-do list? Here’s a brief guide:
What to do before the hair restoration surgery?
Before the hair restoration surgery, you have to start preparing yourself for the big day at least a month earlier. It significantly contributes a lot to the success of hair restoration surgery. Therefore, you have to prepare the to-do list a month before the hair restoration surgery and start checking things off as well. Want to know what you need to do before heading for hair restoration surgery? Here’s the detailed pre-care guide;
4 weeks before hair restoration surgery
For hair restoration surgery, the scalp is supposed to be healthy. 4 weeks before the hair restoration surgery, begin massaging your scalp at least 10 to 30 minutes a day. Regular massage will enhance blood circulation, strengthen the follicles, and improve overall scalp health. Keep massaging your scalp every day until the day of getting the hair surgery arrives.
2 Weeks before the hair restoration surgery
14 days before the hair restoration surgery you have to add more things to your pre-operation to-do list. The things that you need to include in your to-do list are;
- Avoid smoking, drinking, and other drugs as much as you can;
- If you are taking any medicines, discuss them with your doctor. Avoid if he wants you to put a hold on these medicines for a while;
- Get the blood test and ECG did to ensure that you are in the best possible health to get the hair restoration;
- Take the prescribed medication on time
- Stay active;
- Eating healthy and staying hydrated;
- Avoid aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs at all costs.
1 week before the hair restoration surgery
Monday of the last week of hair restoration surgery marks the beginning of more serious pre-care. You will have to do and avoid more things than in the past few weeks. Update your to-do list by adding the following;
- Continue avoiding smoking, drinking, and other drugs;
- Add more healthy foods to your diet, avoid junk and stay hydrated;
- Refrain from getting a haircut as your surgeon will trim the hair in the time of need;
- Do not forget to take any anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Avoid exposing yourself to the sun as much as you can;
- Sleep well;
3 days before the hair restoration surgery
This is the beginning of a more crucial time, be more serious about your hair restoration surgery. Here’s what you have to do at this point;
- Take the doctor’s appointment, discuss your pre-care, and get yourself thoroughly checked;
- Keep avoiding smoking, drinking, medications, and junk food;
- Avoid swimming, jogging, exercising, and other such activities;
- Take rest;
- Avoid going out in the sun;
- Keep eating healthy and drinking sufficient water.
1 day before the hair restoration surgery
When the time of the hair restoration surgery is just a few hours away, you have to
- Not stress about the hair restoration surgery much;
- Avoid overly spicy and junk food;
- Continue refraining from taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory medicines;
- Follow any special instructions given by the doctor;
- Avoid showing up for your regular swimming sessions, jogging, running, and other vigorous activities causing sweat;
- Say no to caffeine;
- Pack your hospital bag. Do not forget to put the medical record in it. Add a book, laptop, and tablet in the bag to keep yourself distracted and entertained;
- Take out the most comfortable clothes from your closet to wear;
- Put your ID card and the passport having six months of validity in your purse;
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo;
- Avoid using hair gel, conditioner, or any other hair styling products;
- Sleep early.
A few hours before the hair restoration surgery
- Wake up early;
- Have a healthy breakfast;
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoking;
- Drink enough water;
- Do not stress about the hair restoration surgery much;
- Double-check your hospital bag, make sure it contains the medical record and a book or tablet to keep you entertained;
- Take the medication prescribed by the doctor;
- Show up for the appointment at least 45 minutes before the suggested time.
The hair restoration to-do list should be avoiding smoking, drinking, aspirin, and anti-inflammatory drugs, swimming, jogging, running, exposing the about-to-treated area to the sun, massaging the scalp for 10 to 20 minutes every day, eating healthy, staying hydrated, taking your ID card, passport, and showing up for the appointment at a time.